The Summer Transition Program is a six-week intensive academic program for rising kindergarteners who meet eligibility requirements. The program will be held from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday, June 6 through Friday, July 15 at the FACES Pre-K Center, located at 1900 Lee St. in Brunswick.
Registration for all eligible families will open Monday, May 23 via Google Form on the Glynn County School System and FACES websites. To complete an application, visit http://ow.ly/y8VK50ERATA
Instruction will focus on language, literacy, and math. Breakfast, lunch and school supplies will be provided free of charge. Eligibility requirements include:
- Child must be age-eligible to attend kindergarten in the upcoming school year (2022-2023); 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2022.
- Child did not attend a Georgia Pre-K Program or Head Start program during the 2021-2022 school year; or
- Child attended a Georgia Pre-K or Head Start program but did not attend the entire school year; or
- Child attended a Georgia Pre-K or Head Start classroom utilizing a hybrid or full distance learning model of instruction during the 2020-2021 school year; or
- Child attended a Georgia Pre-K or Head Start program the entire school year and falls into one of the priority groups listed below:
- Child identified as needing additional academic support by a teacher or other data,
- Dual language learner (home language is a language other than English),
- Foster care placement,
- Child’s family is without permanent housing (homeless as defined by McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act), or
- Child has an Individual Education Program (IEP).
For more information on the Summer Transition Program, contact Stephanie Thompson at 912-267-4229 or visit http://decal.ga.gov/Prek/SummerTransitionProgram.aspx. Please note that your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
To register your child, you must have the following documents when we contact you to schedule appointments:
- Certified Birth Certificate – this is with the state file number. (Not the one with the footprints from the hospital).
- Student’s Social Security Card – those objecting to the use of the number may sign a waiver.
- Proof of Residency – This can be a current utility bill, rent/lease agreement. Driver’s License will NOT be accepted.
- Parent Photo ID
- Custody Documents, if applicable
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization Form 3231 within 30 days, once school begins
- Georgia Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening Form 3300 within 90 days, once school begins.
NOTE: Transportation is NOT provided.